DESIGNING YOUR LIFE FOR WOMEN
ONE MONTH VIRTUAL JOURNEY
Engage in a one-month journey working on the most important design project of all – your life.
Taught by Kathy Davies, Managing Director of the Stanford Life Design Lab and Susan Burnett, certified DYL Master Instructor and longtime business executive, this innovative digital solution gives you the opportunity to learn and practice ideas and tools contained in the NYT bestselling Designing Your Life, How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life in a life design community.
You will participate in 3 highly interactive virtual workshops where we will work together real-time to reframe dysfunctional beliefs, explore the social and personal narratives that shape us, and dig into design tools to increase your creativity and confidence. We will use breakout discussions, and online ideation tools to share and collaborate. We will heighten a mindful awareness of where you are now, use design tools for balance and energy and improvements, practice ways to frame problems and get unstuck, gain insights into honing your decision making, and design three possible future paths – Odyssey Plans – for your life.
Between virtual workshops, the DYL app will support your journey with additional material and tools, space for reflection, and social features to share and gain insights from your community.
The virtual journey price is $950. The following items are included in the price:
- 3 highly interactive zoom sessions where you will talk with other participants about your life and life design tools.
- Enrollment in the DYL Life Design App, specifically designed to support your one month experience with daily learning and action.
- Digital tools and worksheets to support your assessments and reflections.
- A 1.5 hour post retreat call with the instructors and fellow participants for follow-up and coaching.
Please note that the virtual journey requires the use of technology, so before you sign up for the experience, be sure you have:
- A laptop or desktop computer that will allow you to connect to Zoom with a microphone, camera, speaker, trackpad or mouse and keyboard.
- A smartphone or Ipad/tablet that will allow you to download the DYL app.
- An internet connection of sufficient speed and stability to allow you to join Zoom meeting with your video on.
- May 22, 2021 8:30am -12:30 pm PT Live Session 1: Start Where You Are: Kick off your DYL experience. Meet the instructors and your community, share your goals, commit to the norms for an effective life design community. You will be introduced to design thinking and the life design framework and start the conversation about the narratives that drive your life design. Practice the unique way we will work together using digital tools, accessing the DYL app, and building community with Zoom collaboration.
- DYL App Path 1: Start Where You Are: Reflect on why you work and map past and present work roles to identify what satisfies you and what doesn’t. Reflect on your life’s purpose and if what you do, who you are, and what you believe are coherent. Assess your own balance and energy.
- June 5, 2021 8:30am – 12:30pm PT Live Session 2: Getting Unstuck: Dig into balance and energy and how to get unstuck. Practice framing and reframing, and how to further think like a designer. Consider how all your assessments inform 3 versions of your future.
- DYL App Path: Get Unstuck: Consider your own discernment process and how you make decisions. Use your compass and your own discernment to refine your 3 visions of your future.
- June 26, 2021 8:30am – 12:30pm PT Live Session 3: Designing Your Future: Rejoin the community to share your assessments, versions of the future, and insights gained in the previous weeks. Together use generative listening and idea boards to design tangible ways to move forward and realize your future dreams. Leave with an action plan and accountability.
- OPTIONAL: July 24, 2021 9:00am – 10:30am PT Live Session 4: Discovery and Support: Get the support you need to continue your life design practice. Discover the science of change to set yourself up for success when you are making small or large life changes. Celebrate progress, share obstacles and get insight into how others have handled similar challenges. This session is optional.